Saturday 26 February 2011

Honda Civic Type R (EP3)

These next pictures are from a shoot that took place a few years back, I was still playing around with HDR effects when I did these, something which I rarely touch now when it comes to cars.

But that being said, its good to go back & look at where you've come from, so all that being said, let me introduce you to a Honda Civic Type R :)


When I did these photos, I had also just got myself my first off camera flash (wow how things have moved on since.), anyway using my Canon 430ex, I attempted to light areas of the car that were shadowed on this day.


I had varying levels of success with my attempts, at the time I was happy with the results though, looking back now I can see the mistakes I made but its all good.


As I said at the beginning of this post, I was playing around a lot with HDR stuff, this really isn't what I like to do with automotive photos anymore, but back then it was working for me :)


& also messed around quite a bit with selective colouring, with red being a prominent colour on the Type R Hondas, so it had to be done :)


Recently however I re visited the car to capture some interior & engine bay shots, they were actually being done to help the owner sell the parts, which is what a lot of my photos actually end up being used for by friends hehe. 



Need to have another go at shooting this car using what I know now, but its still good to look back at what was & realise how I've developed.

The full set on flickr showing off all the pictures taken of this car so far can be found here.

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment