Sunday 27 February 2011

Peugeot 106 GTI

This has to be one of my favourite shoots I ever did! I absolutely loved it, the results I felt were awesome & the owner who is a very close friend of mine was so pleased too, made it all worthwhile! 


These shots are all very HDR processed, however this is still one time that I feel the effect worked in the favour of the car :) 


So let me introduce you to this 106 GTI.




This fantastic little machine was not only a real stunner to look at thanks to its factory kit & eibach suspension setup allowing it to achieve its low slung look. 






It also had the "go" to match the appearance, there was the usual exhaust system upgrades which consisted of stainless steel manifold, de cat & cat back.




You also had the induction kit, allowing for better breathing for the engine.




So far all pretty much standard upgrades really for anyone into their cars...


But this had something else, & that something else was cam work, paired with a custom ECU & remap allowing this little French 1.6 hatch back to produce 155bhp at the flywheel, not bad at all for a car that only weighs in at 900kg.






An absolute monster that punched well above its weight, you'll have to believe me that this thing was quick, with the handling to match, an incredible machine.








I always enjoyed taking pictures of it, & I was sad to see the owner move on from it, but at least it has been captured here for us to remember it as it was :)




The full set of pictures taken of this 106 GTI can be found on my flickr here.


Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment