Friday 11 March 2011

Fatlace - Word Up!

I was searching through Vimeo for inspiration to help with my video editing side of things, & I can across from some awesome footage by user name iPhilms from San Francisco.


His Vimeo profile can be found here.


This guy is seriously talented, & has a real interest in drifting, which makes for some ace footage to enjoy!


From what I can understand, "Word Up" events organised by Fatlace are very similar to our "Drift What You Brung" days here in the Uk.


They look a lot of fun in a nicely controlled area, & feature a lot of cars that seem to keep popping up in this kind of footage coming out of California, very cool to see :)


Ok so we'll start with the first one of iPhilms footage that he's put together, I absolutely love the atmosphere in this one! The fact he uses Operation Ivy as a soundtrack just wins extra points for me too, pure gold :D



Fatlace Word Up! from iPhilms on Vimeo.


A quick dirty edit of the Word Up Event hosted by Fatlace. Additional footage provided by Joshua Hooks. I will film much more at the next Word Up event.... I promise!!! lol 


Song- Operation Ivy - Bad Town



---------------------------------------------------


Looks loads of fun! Now this next one is much more recent, only been on Vimeo for a couple of weeks, & it seems that iPhilms had a bit of a nightmare too, destroying his GoPro & a 7D, I tell you now... I'd cry lol 


Anyway he still manages to put together an awesome edit, this one with a completely different feel to the first one I reckon, but still awesome at the same time! 



Word Up Sesh #4 from iPhilms on Vimeo.


Another fun day at the Word Up event minus the destruction of my GoPro and 7d. Had a lot more footage on the 7d but it got destroyed. What a waste of a CF card and a 7d. Luckily I didn't mount the 5d onto my car. 

Music- DJ Krush Lyricism 
Shinjiro (Harsh Mix) Feat. Mos Def



----------------------------------------------------


Definitely worth looking up iPhilms on Vimeo as he has some other great stuff on his profile, & looks like he'll be doing much more in the future too as he appears to go from strength to strength! Great work! 


Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment