Tuesday 8 March 2011

Stop Motion at it's best.

A bit of variety tonight from the norm, non automotive related but this is definitely more than worth your time to check it out!

Ok so I've dabbled a bit with stop motion videos in the past, but always from a fixed position, for example the sky over a fixed period of time, or in the back of a car during a drive... but this stuff I've been shown today has blown all those self made rules I had in my head away! This is some seriously cool stuff! 

The creator of these fantastic stop motion films, that  I'm talking about tonight is Jasmine Nguyen, whose flickr photostream can be found here

Her pictures are fantastic, & I recommend you have a good look through her shots, they are ace & have a really cool feel to them all. 

But what has impressed me the most is like I said above her stop motion work.

So first off we've got one of her amazing vids on Vimeo, which is on the profile of username Ninja Neishon 

Without side tracking too much Ninja Neishon is an up coming street ware clothing brand from San Diego California, they run an awesome online blog showing their progress, be sure to check it out here.

Anyway on with Jasmine's first video I feel you should all see! 



stopbotics from Ninja Neishon on Vimeo.


my first ever stop motion photography short! shot with a canon 7d using 724 photos. spent around 8ish hours in post. photography and video editing by jasmine nguyen, music created and composed by Ninjak. enjoy!


******************************************************************


How cool is that!!! :D My favourite parts are the running around in wide circles near the beginning, looks mad in stop motion! Oh & the bit in the car park of the Sushi place when he is super high on Sushi power, that is just amazing too hehe. 
Not to mention the photography which is excellent throughout, I really do feel like I'm following the guy & understand completely what is going on, very very cool! 


The second vid is absolute gold, I am so so so impressed by this! I was in awe the first time my brother showed it to me, & I hope that you will understand why!


Enjoy :D






A typical Saturday afternoon filled with dancing, eating pork loin sandwiches, and compiling 1250 photos into a video.

**Watch it in HD if you can!


Photos and video edited by Jasmine Nguyen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/_jammin/)
Danced by Katie Baker (http://www.fusionhiphop.org/)
Music edited and remastered by Chris Birchall aka Kid Vicious
Audio and visual assistance provided by Pat Alarcon and AV8R

Songs:
Wolfgang Gartner and Deadmau5 - Animal Rights
Dev - Bass Down Low (feat. The Cataracs) [DJ Megaman and Panic City Remix]

******************************************************************

That video really made me smile, I absolutely love the composition the whole way through! The dancing from the incredibly talented (& brave) model is awesome too! & the video effects near the end of the video just finish off what I can only say is the best video I have seen so far this year! I love it! 

I really look forward to seeing more work by Jasmine, & I recommend you all keep an eye out for her too! If these two pieces are anything to go by, then I think we should see even more great stuff from her in the future! 

I'm inspired :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment