Friday 8 October 2010

The Art is in the Motion.

This blog is all about a vimeo user and film maker called Format67.net.

Germans are very good at a lot of things, and film making is definitely near the top of their list of highly skilled attributes! Some seriously talented professionals and amateurs are out there, and thanks to the internet its all readily available to us! lucky people :D

I stumbled across this guys work on Vimeo and I am completely awe struck, it is amazing.

I'll start off with sharing with you a video he has put together in response to Ken Blocks Gymkhana videos.
The editing is fantastic, the choice of music works perfectly and the car is stunning! What more could you ask for....

The film maker himself has the following to say about the video:

THIS IS...

"We’re all amazed by Ken Block’s latest Gymkhana video, but there is an undercurrent of those that feel the real drifting scene started underground and that is where the real stars are. This video by Format67 is a return to the “running from the cops” days for most of us, when we would find an empty parking lot, have our fun and quickly dart away before getting in trouble." "autostream.com"




NISSAN 200SX SILVIA S14 BY FORMAT67.NET from FORMAT67.NET on Vimeo.

Amazing stuff and full of action!

Now on the other hand his extensive portfolio has some other gems that are in a completely different style to the 200sx video.
I found a really really arty one about a BMW Mini Cooper S, now its not as action packed as the 200sx drifting video, nor is it a response to anything else out there, its actually as far as I can tell a unique look at a very cool car!


MINI COOPER S BY FORMAT67.NET from FORMAT67.NET on Vimeo.

He doesn't have anything to say about that one himself, which is a shame as I would love an insight into why he went about making the video as he did, but I suppose he's just left it to be enjoyed and taken how you want to perceive it.

I love camera work though, especially once the car is rolling, and the shaky camera when the Mini is flooring it is simply fantastic, really exciting and makes it seem like the car is going so fast!!! I love it!

But now for the best bit....

Now for the reason I've made the blog post dedicated to what I believe is a true artist....

I found a trailer on his Vimeo account, a trailer for a video he had made that he was obviously very proud of, so here we go, get ready to want more!


TRAILER: HONDA NSX from FORMAT67.NET on Vimeo.

Isn't that awesome!!! Don't you just want more now of that incredible editing and footage???
Well I did, and I was really happy to find that he had also uploaded to share with the world the main event!

So sit back and relax and enjoy what I have to say is one of the most amazing car videos I have ever ever seen to date!!!!!! Seriously!

Note: try to take your time to watch this video. get the best volume and lean back.

story:

the video shows 7 different lifes at the same time.
among them a honda nsx driving from frankfurt to the legendary green hell "nuerburgring". 
every individual get's in touch with the nsx. each with their own perception.



HONDA NSX (EXTENDED VERSION) BY FORMAT67.NET from FORMAT67.NET on Vimeo.

I was lost for words when I saw that, I absolutely love it! Its perfect from the editing, to the song choice and the camera work! I am even more impressed with the footage from the Nurburgring and actually saying that the footage in Frankfurt is amazing, how did he manage to find those empty streets in the money capital of Germany?! I love it!

So I really hope you've enjoyed this as much as me, because Format67.net is an artist and his work deserves to be appreciated and enjoyed!!!

By the way his website is here http://www.format67.net/ so be sure to check for updates in the future !

No comments:

Post a Comment