Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Two Mr2s

I thought I would go back to one of my first little photo shoots I did, actually with a Sony DSC-T10 point & shoot camera :) 


I used to own a Toyota Mr2 Turbo, absolutely loved that car to bits, a lot of blood sweat and tears went into that car over the years, and I have many shoots to share with you of that car on this blog in the future, but for now here is some pictures from one of the first proper shoots I did of it back in 2007 alongside my mums Mr2 N/A.




I had the chance to use a friend of the family house as a location for this little photo shoot, and as both of the Mr2s were there, I thought it'd be rude not to take advantage of that opportunity.


For a point and shoot camera the Sony DSC-T10 did used to delivered impressive results at the time, and I'm pretty sure some of these pictures were used as desktop backgrounds by me and members of my family for a while :D 

Anyway I should probably explain whose is whose out of these 2 cars... well the orange one is my mums 1993 Toyota Mr2 Mk2 Rev2 N/A auto... quite a mouthful :P a good fun car that is still driving many miles even today! 



And therefore mine was the Caribbean blue 1994 Mr2 Mk2 Rev3 Turbo, at the time of this photo it was pretty much standard, but still quite a handful.



So there you have it, one of the first shoots I ever had a go at it, and as a result of doing this I knew that taking pictures of cars is exactly what I wanted to do... they may not be the best pictures in the world, but they were the start of something and that definitely counts for something :)




I have done many more shoots of these 2 beauties, but never again did they meet like this... I'll explain more about them when I share some more recent shoots and pictures of these 2 Mr2s.

No comments:

Post a Comment