Monday 8 November 2010

Drifting from a different perspective.

I've always found Tilt-shift lenses fascinating, there is just something about the way they make everything look like kids toys, and how they show a completely different impression of something that you may well be very used to! 


I feel that they provide the viewers with something different and out of the ordinary and I love that!


I haven't had a chance to use one, but I think a rental may be necessary so that I can play and see what I make of it :)


Anyway I found this video on Vimeo, done by an American Photographer by the name of Joe Ayala, and his Vimeo page can be found here.


I won't take away from any of his story about this video, as he explains how it came about perfectly, I will simply say that I was mesmerized by it and found it hugely soothing! A mixture of the audio and the filming perspective just allows you to chill out for its duration and enjoy what your witnessing... 



Formula D Sonoma | Mad World from Joe Ayala on Vimeo.


Formula Drift made its yearly stop in Sonoma, California last weekend. I’ve been looking forward to this event, simply because I live less than an hour away and I had a guaranteed bed to sleep in. However, the weekend was not without snags.

Upon my arrival, I found that I was not on the list for media, since KP Race and Victor Moore were unable to make it to Sonoma – this rendered my credentials were void. Therefore, I made the best of my bad luck and decided that if I couldn’t get the really close action shots, I would take a few steps back and shoot a different perspective. The next morning, I drove down to Borrowed Lenses in San Carlos and rented a tilt-shift lens. Over the past few months, my interest in these lenses has grown quite a bit and when I saw Mister Geoff Pitts from Thunder Drift taking photos with one at Formula D Las Vegas, I knew I had to try it. Fate truly couldn’t have presented me with a finer opportunity. Enjoy!

:: Joe Ayala


Song
Mad World : Michael Andrews & Gary Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment