Monday 16 August 2010

Caterham 175 Roadsport Press car... yep I borrowed it ;-)

When I found that video done by Performance Car magazine on Youtube earlier, as featured in my previous blog post.

I also found Tiff Needells review of the Caterham 175 Roadsport press car.





Well that video brought back some memories, as I was given the opportunity by Caterham Cars to use the exact same car for a few days of Summer 2009.

We had just put in our order for a new Caterham 175 Roadsport, & as we waiting for that to be built and made ready for us, we were offered the opportunity to test drive the press car out. 


I took advantage of the long weekend I was given with the car, to do a little shoot of the car & therefore get some of these photos!











This car was Caterhams prototype of their new Roadsport 175, and around the time I drove this it was featured in an article in Performance Car magazine where it was put through its paces alongside a Bentley Continental GT. 

In that same article it came out really well, considering it was up against a car with 4 seats, 4 doors, oh and of course a roof ;-) 
I honestly think they just wanted an excuse to drive these two fantastic cars... so a comparaison test was put in place! Not a bad idea on their part :) 


Anyway as far as performance goes, it has a 2.0 Duratec engine producing 175bhp, 0-60 which is achieved in roughly 4.8 seconds. Pretty damn fast! Amazing handling also, which all in all makes this a fantastic car to drive and enjoy. I was so lucky to get this chance, thank you Caterham :)

Oh and most importantly Tiff Needells sat in the same seat as me!!! :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment