Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Life of the Teg continues...

Time for another update on the DC2...

Car has now come back from TGM, and I have to say Tom really looked after me and the car, cannot recommend him and his team enough!

So thanks to TGM, its had:

- Cambelt changed
- Tensioners changed
- Water pump
- Valve clearances done
- Thermostat
- Fuel Filter

Drives like a dream now :D Love it!

However, Tom has informed me that my brake pads are pretty much dead, so looks like Ferado DS2500 are in order for me :D

Anyway, I've been quite busy with the car the last few weeks, first thing I did was something I've been wanting to do for ages...

Got rid of my blingin 6x9s...













So, these speakers were purchased from my local audio shop... with the plan to put them into the rear speaker mounts.










So we proceeded to strip the Integra down so as to be able to get to the rear speakers...


Funny how you can always find friends to help you strip a car hehe

The rust you can see, isn't actually rust, its like a dust that has covered the rear of the car from when TGM removed the rusted out passenger side wing, it just wipes off :)

So anyway, on with the carnage....



All back together half way through ;)


The speakers I bought were slightly too big, I expected this, so we filed down the oem mounts and got them to fit nice and snug.

Now I realise this may be against 99% of DC2 owners, but I fitted some sound deadening... nothing much, I promise :D but enough just to help with the sound, as shown in these pics:



Anyway, put it all back together just as it was getting dark, and end result is this:



and nasty 6x9s have gone!!! :D yay


Next step on the audio front is to fit some new front speakers... luckily Ive already got a tweeter mount so should be easy enough :)


Ok so on to the next, feeling pretty positive, I did some more extreme modding... new front Honda badge hehe.

Off with the old...



My bumper is from a milano red DC2, hence the red underneath the badge ;)

Anyway, on with the new :D



So weather was good, and I thought I'd try fitting something else... pushing my luck by now....

On with the Mfactory solid shift bushes, 15mn job I thought... easy I thought... hehe


So got the car up, located what needed to be changed,


Its the rod on the left in the picture below which you change the bushes on, the one that is slightly out of focus.

Anyway got the old ones out, put the new ones in, and well I didn't read the instructions properly and went to do up the bolt with a ratchet... and disaster struck!

Yep I sheared the bolt inside the gearbox mount for the shifter support rod...





As you can see in that pic... I had made a right pig of it! So I called friends for help... and all the suggestions required a lot more room than was available to get this sheared bolt out... so manifold came off, well the 2 to 1 part...


My friend then volunteered to get it out, he proceeded to attempt to drill it out, however this wasn't having much luck, so he tapped ridges into it, and then proceeded to spend the next 5 hours slowly tapping the bolt out... to say I am forever in his debt is not exaggerating at all!!! I am so thankful he had the patience to do that for me! Major kudos were earned lol

And here is the bolt for you guys to see...



But the other good thing, my Grandma heard how much trouble I was having, so brought me round a cake lol :D


Anyway back to the car...

Next mods to eventually go on, are first of all the H brace, which has been sitting in my garage for a while now...



But I found the bolts it goes onto already seeing as I spent quite a while under there helping my friend get that sheared bolt out...


The one on the right is where the back of the H brace fixes too, makes sense when your under the car.

I also need to give my recaros a good clean, and fix the bolsters, especially the drivers side one which has collapsed... bought a new bolster for it a while ago, just need to take the time to fit it.




So anyway thats all for now, but here are a few more recent pictures I've taken of the car!










Thats all for now, thanks for looking! 

Will have some more updates to follow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment