Thursday 23 December 2010

A few flowers...

I don't always shoot automotive stuff, obviously that is where my passion lies, but all types of photography rock! 

Also the fact that my area of the UK has been hit by quite a bit of a snow recently so all vibrant colours in the garden have mostly been blanketed in white layer... so I thought some colour would help lift those winter blues :)

So with that in mind and with my most manly of voices... here are some flowers ;) 


All of these pictures are of flowers from my Grandparents garden, and some were taken at different times to others, however they were all done a few years ago... reminds me I need to do some more stuff like this!




An off camera flash, Canon 430EX was used for a lot of these, usually high up to the left or right, the effect it rewarded me with was petals that seemed almost transparent, a pretty cool outcome I thought :) 



The photos vary quite wildly in their post processing, from some which have received almost nothing, to others which have had colour change or selective colouring with wild changes to colour temperature and contrast settings. 






A few of these were actually at first written off by myself as rubbish attempts at capturing the flowers how I wanted to, but I have recently revisited a lot of them and found that with new techniques I can get them to how I wanted them to look all along :) 



Hopefully I will get round to doing some more up to date flower photos as 2011 develops, especially now as I have a Macro lens, we'll see what happens :)

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment